Thursday, February 11, 2016

What the heck NVR!!!!!

So we got home after our walk though and got a call from our loan processor asking us if we can move our closing date from tomorrow to the day after thanksgiving, instead of the day before. She told us that she forgot to send us the VA appraisal and we needed to sign saying we received it. They had to have us sign off on it at least 3 days before we closed. I about lost it. Well I kind of did. I had a few words that were not PG, the Marine in me kind of kicked back in. How can you not send a paper that we need to sign and return to close on our house? So I had to get off the phone with her to calm myself down.

I called my wife at work and let her know what was going on. As soon as she heard what was happening she instantly told me to get her manager’s number. My wife reminded me that we had received our VA appraisal over a month ago. This to us was a major screw up. Due to her not doing her job properly we were going to have to rearrange not only our schedules but also the people helping us move. After trying to calm down a little and with a little stewing I emailed our loan processor and asked for her manager’s name and number.


While waiting I went looking for the VA appraisal we had been mailed to see if there were any dates on the envelope it came in or on the documents for it. After finding the papers and verifying that there were dates from October on it I called the manger. I did go off about the processor for a little bit and told her we got it back in October. I let her know that we have a dated envelope and dates on the papers that were enclosed with it. She told me to scan and send it to her and she is calling the underwriting and the closing people to see what can be done since I had received it back in October. After about an hour I got a call back from the manager. She said that we could still close on our original date if we just signed a paper stating that we had received it back in October. She typed up the paper and emailed it and had us sign it saying.  We had to scan few more papers from the appraisal packet showing the dates on it. After everything was sent to her she called me about an hour later to let me know that we were set to close on the original date.

No comments:

Post a Comment